Sunday 13 January 2013

Knitting and stitching in the gloom

The house is feeling a little empty again. M has gone back to University today and C went back last weekend. I drove down with C and spent a couple of days in Exeter, which was a nice little new year break. The weather, although mild, was so overcast and dull that the street lights were on most of the time!
I travelled back home on the train, which gave me time to start knitting a new pair of socks.


 I have also been experimenting making purses with clip frames. I've made quite a few now and it seems to be getting a little easier - and I don't seem to get as much glue everywhere trying to fix the frame to the material! I bought the frames and I've been using the tutorial from here - which is really clear. I made another for my friends birthday, but forgot to take a photo of it before giving it to her.


With the turquoise one, I hand printed the pattern onto a linen cotton mix fabric using a wooden printing block and then lined it with an Indian inspired fabric called Bollywood!


The weather really has been so dull, that all my photos are quite poor, but never mind, it keeps a record of what I have been up to.

Outside has been very gloomy, misty, grey and very wet. The little stream has overflowed and the field is so saturated that it is really boggy. We have to wash the dog down after every walk as he comes back so muddy.



I have decided that I will keep a record of this view from my kitchen window over the coming year, so I can mark the seasonal changes. I really love this view looking out onto the fell behind the house. I look forward to the leaves coming again on the trees, the bluebells, the bracken etc as the year goes on. In the past have just taken ad hoc photos - but now I will take monthly photos (plus any exceptional days) and keep a record for the year.


We have snow forecast for today and tomorrow - hoping you have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Snow, how exciting!!!
    Jilly, I love your purses, they're gorgeous : -) They look so fiddly to make I've never tried to make one, but maybe I should try? Love your woodblock printed fabric ... beautiful. All the fabrics are lovely.
    And those socks - fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the socks Jilly - learning to knit socks is one of my resolutions for this year. Hope mine look as good as yours!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete